Apollo 11 was one of the greatest achievements for NASA, not just in the 20th century, but in the history of the organization. When Apollo 11’s Eagle lunar lander touched down on the surface of the Moon on July 20, 1969, it marked the first time that humanity had set foot on another celestial body. Right now, 2019 5 oz Proof Silver American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Coins in perfect condition are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
- Ships to you inside a protective plastic slab courtesy of the PCGS or NGC!
- Honorary silver coin marks the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission!
- Original mintage limited to 100,000 coins only!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of Five Troy ounces of .999 fine silver.
- Bears a face value of $1 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of PR70/PF70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service or Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- The obverse boasts a sunken field with a boot print in the surface of the Moon.
- On the reverse side of the coin is a raised element with a reflected image of Neil Armstrong on the Moon.
- Features a “P” mint mark from the Philadelphia Mint.
- Please keep in mind you may receive coins with the same labels when buying multiples.
Each 2019 5 oz Proof Silver American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Coin listed here is in perfect condition. Coins with a PR70/PF70 grade exhibit full, original mint luster and come with no detracting flaws of any kind present. It is possible these coins will have additional labels, but not guaranteed.
This Silver.com varied-label listing comes with the potential to receive coins with additional labels that have been graded by either the PCGS or NGC. We cannot guarantee which coins you will receive with your purchase beyond the noted design and the fact that the coins are in perfect condition. The presence of additional labels and which grading house issued the labels is not guaranteed, and will be determined at random based on in-stock items after your payment clears.
The obverse of the 2019 Proof Silver American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Coin comes with a sunken design field featuring the rocky, dusty surface of the Moon. Into this surface, the boot print of a US astronaut is indelibly stamped. The design elements around it include the four major phases of the Moon, the names of NASA’s major missions of the 1960s, and inscriptions of the date mark, “Liberty,” and the US national motto.
On the reverse side of 2019 5 oz Proof Silver Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Coins, you will find a depiction of Neil Armstrong and the Eagle lunar lander on the Moon. These images are reflected in the visor of Buzz Aldrin on a raised surface.
If you have any questions when buying silver, Silver.com customer service is happy to help. You can call us on the phone at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.