In the Apollo 11 Series of commemorative coins from the United States Mint, those buying gold have the option to purchase one of two gold coins. Both have a $5 (USD) face value and contain roughly 1/4 Troy ounce of actual gold content. There is an uncirculated gold coin available alongside this proof gold coin. Right now, the 2019 $5 Proof Gold American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Coins are yours to purchase online at Silver.com.
- Ships to you inside of protective plastic slabs from the PCGS!
- Part of the commemorative Apollo 11 Series!
- Availability of certified coins is limited within the original mintage of 50,000 coins!
- Consists of .2687 Troy ounces of actual gold content.
- Bears a face value of $5 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of PR70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- First Strike designation.
- An astronaut’s footprint on the Moon is on the obverse.
- A photograph is reflected in the visor of Buzz Aldrin on the reverse.
- “W” mint marks from the West Point Mint.
Each individual 2019 $5 Proof Gold American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Coin in this product listing at Silver.com comes in perfect condition. Coins with the PR70 certification exhibit full, original mint luster with no detracting flaws on the surface of the coins or design elements.
The included First Strike label is available from the PCGS to denote the arrival of the coins for grading. The PCGS must receive these gold coins within the first 30 days of their initial release from the United States Mint.
On the obverse side of 2019 $5 Proof Gold American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Coins is the design of a footprint on the surface of the Moon. The image reflects the appearance of a singular footprint left by the spacesuits worn by Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong on the lunar surface. This side of the coin is concave, giving it a sunken design field.
The reverse face of 2019 $5 Proof Gold American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Coins offers a convex, domed field that is perfect for capturing the photographic depiction on this side. The entire design on this face reflects the appearance of a photograph of Buzz Aldrin taken on the Moon. The photograph accurately captured a reflection in his visor of Neil Armstrong, the Eagle lander, and the American flag.
All American Apollo 11 Coins are produced by the United States Mint. The uncirculated and proof gold coins in the collection were struck by the West Point Mint with “W” mint marks.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Silver.com. You can call us at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email.