After the devastating attack on US forces at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, in December 1941, the Imperial Japanese began invading and capturing US territorial islands throughout the Pacific Ocean. Among the many sites were battles occurred between the United States and Japan was the Northern Mariana Islands. American Memorial Park recalls the bravery of those who defended the islands. Right now, 2019-P 5 oz Burnished Silver ATB American Memorial Park Coins are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
- Ships to you inside of a United States Mint presentation box with a Certificate of Authenticity!
- Second coin to feature in the 2019 ATB Series and 47th overall in the ATB Series!
- Consists of Five Troy ounces of .999 fine silver.
- Bears a face value of $.25 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- On the obverse of the coin is a bust of President George Washington.
- The reverse includes the image of a Chamorro woman looking on at the Flag Circle and Court of Honor.
- Remembers American Memorial Park.
- Represents the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI) in the ATB series.
- Includes a “P” mint mark from the Philadelphia Mint.
Each of the 2019-P 5 oz Burnished Silver ATB American Memorial Park Coins in this product listing comes to you with its own presentation box from the United States Mint and an included Certificate of Authenticity. The burnished coins in the ATB Series are vapor blasted after minting for a matte finish.
As America struggled to get on a forward-leaning war footing following the surprise attack at Pearl Harbor, its first objective was to reach out and start taking back US islands and free other locations in the Pacific occupied by Imperial Japanese forces. American Memorial Park on Saipan in the CNMI is a living memorial to the 4,000 US forces and indigenous residents of Saipan who sacrificed to fight for the island. The park contains swimming, picnicking, hiking, and other outdoor recreational venues.
The reverse of 2019-P 5 oz Burnished Silver ATB American Memorial Park Coins features the image of a young Chamorro woman looking at the Flag Circle and Court of Honor at the center of the park. Chamorro people are the indigenous inhabitants of Saipan, Guam, and the other islands of the CNMI.
On the obverse of 2019-P 5 oz Burnished Silver ATB Coins is the image of President George Washington. John Flanagan designed this bust of the nation’s first president for the US circulation quarter in 1932 on the anniversary of his 200th birthday. He used a 1786 bust of Washington from William Cousins as the inspiration for his design. The “P” mint mark from the Philadelphia Mint is on this side of the coins.
If you have any questions about buying silver, please contact Silver.com. Our customer service team is available at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.