Those collectors who buy gold from the United States Mint will find a unique collectible item available in 2019. The American Legion, an organization that promotes the needs of US veterans, was founded in Paris, France, by US service members in the American Expeditionary Forces in 1919 and celebrates its 100th anniversary in 2019. Today, 2019-W $5 Proof Gold American Legion 100th Anniversary Coins are available to you online at Silver.com.
- Available to ship to you inside of capsules and US Mint boxes with a Certificate of Authenticity!
- Honors the 100th anniversary of the American Legion!
- Mintage is limited to 50,000 coins only in the product lineup!
- Consists of 8.539 Grams, or .2745 Troy ounces, of actual gold content.
- The face value of $5 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- On the obverse side is a design of the Eiffel Tower and a “V” for victory.
- The reverse depicts an American bald eagle along with the American Legion emblem.
- Bears a “W” mint mark from the West Point Mint.
After World War I ended, US service members in the American Expeditionary Forces remained stationed across Europe to provide stability to the battered Allied nations that helped defeat the Central Powers. American service members located in Paris founded the American Legion to support US veterans in the aftermath. Launched at the American Club near Place de la Concorde on March 15, 1919, the American Legion consists of state, US territory, and overseas departments that include their own local posts.
All 2019-W $5 Proof Gold American Legion 100th Anniversary Coins in this listing are housed individually inside of capsules and presented in US Mint black display boxes that include a Certificate of Authenticity with purchase. The proof coins in this series have matte finishes with mirrored backgrounds.
On the obverse of 2019 Proof Gold American Legion 100th Anniversary Coins is the image of the Eiffel Tower with a “V” imposed over it. The “V” stands for victory and the Eiffel Tower represents the founding of the American Legion in Paris, France in 1919. The words “In God We Trust” and “Liberty” are inscribed on this side and the design is surrounded by the geometric elements found around the emblem of the American Legion.
The reverse of 2019-W $5 Proof Gold American Legion Coins includes the American Legion emblem in the upper-left design field and a soaring American bald eagle in the lower-right field. The inscriptions on this side include “United States of America” and “E Pluribus Unum.”
Please feel free to reach out to Silver.com if you have any questions. You can contact our customer service team at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.