Certified perfect coins represent a small portion of the bullion coins produced each year. The PCGS certifies thousands of American coins each year, with just a small portion of those earning a Mint State 70 certification. Right now, 2020 1/2 oz Gold American Eagles are available to purchase online at Silver.com with a perfect certification.
- Ships to you inside of the PCGS protective plastic slab!
- 35th year of release for the 1/2 oz Gold American Eagle!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One-Half Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- Bears a face value of $25 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of Mint State 70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- Features a First Strike label.
- The Augustus Saint-Gaudens image of Liberty appears on the obverse.
- Miley Busiek created the family of American bald eagles design on the reverse.
Each 2020 1/2 oz Gold American Eagle available online today earned a perfect certification from the PCGS. Coins in Mint State 70 condition exhibit full, original mint luster and present with no detracting flaws of any kind on the design elements or surface areas of the coin. Included with your coin today is a First Strike label. This indicates the coins were received within the first 30 days of release by the US Mint.
Gold American Eagles in the 1/2 oz weight represent the largest of the fractional-ounce coins in the series. The 1/2 oz and 1/4 oz coins in the series tend to fly under the radar with much lower demand than the 1/10 oz coin and the 1 oz coin in the collection. All four have been available in every year since 1986, with the 1/10 oz and 1 oz coins the only ones to ever top the group in terms of mintage in a given year. The 1/2 oz Gold Eagle has had the lowest mintage among the four coins in all but six years.
Augustus Saint-Gaudens created the image of Lady Liberty used on the obverse of the 2020 Gold American Eagles. This image was designed in 1907 and submitted to the US Mint during a major redesign effort for American coins. Saint-Gaudens submitted four Liberty designs in all for gold coins and the US penny at the time, with the $10 Gold Eagle and $20 Gold Double Eagle eventually bearing his designs.
The design on the reverse of 2020 1/2 oz Gold American Eagles was created specifically for this series in 1986 by Miley Busiek. The design includes a family of three bald eagles with one eagle in flight above the nest as another adult and a hatchling sit in the nest.
If you have questions, Silver.com customer service is happy to help. Please call us at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or email us.