The 1 oz gold coin in the Queen’s Beast Series is the largest gold bullion coin available from the Royal Mint of England. In total, the Royal Mint offers five bullion coins in the series that include 2 oz silver, 1/4 oz gold, 10 oz silver, and 1 oz platinum in addition to these 1 oz coins. Right now, 2020 1 oz Gold British Queen’s Beast White Lion Coins are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
- Arrives inside of a protective plastic flip, mint tubes of 10 coins, or Monster Boxes with 100 coins!
- Eighth release in the Gold Queen’s Beast Series!
- Stunning depiction of the White Lion of Mortimer!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .9999 fine gold in BU condition.
- Bears a face value of 100 Pound Sterling (GBP) backed by the government of Britain.
- On the obverse side of the coin is the image of Queen Elizabeth II.
- The reverse face of the coins bears the design of the White Lion of Mortimer from the House of York.
Each 2020 1 oz Gold British Queen’s Beast White Lion Coin arrives in Brilliant Uncirculated condition from the mint. The individual coins are housed inside of plastic flips, while bulk orders are available in mint tubes or Monster Boxes. The mint tube has a total of 10 coins while the Monster Box holds a total of 100 coins housed inside of 10 separate tubes.
The White Lion of Mortimer comes from Anne de Mortimer, heiress of the Mortimers and the grandmother of King Edward IV. Edward IV was the first monarch from the House of York. Anne de Mortimer was not only the grandmother of King Edward IV, but also the great-grandmother of his son Edward V whose short-lived reign was followed by that of King Richard III, Edward IV’s brother and also the grandson of Edward IV.
On the reverse of 2020 1 oz Gold British Queen’s Beast White Lion Coins is the image of the House of York’s second heraldic beast. The White Lion supported the Royal Arms during the reign of Edward IV and was separated from the Lion of England. The former is depicted in a seated position with its tail between its legs and no crown, while the Lion of England is in the rampant pose with a crown.
The obverse of 2020 Gold British Queen’s Beast White Lion Coins bears the effigy of Queen Elizabeth II. Her Majesty is depicted in right-profile relief in this fifth-generation effigy that was created in 2015 by Jody Clark.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Silver.com. You can call our customer service team at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or send us an email.