In 2020, the United States Mint celebrated the rich history of basketball in the United States with the release of three commemorative coins honoring the game, its founder, and the Basketball Hall of Fame. Included in the release schedule was a $1 proof silver coin. Today, 2020-P $1 Silver Basketball HOF Coins are available to you online at Silver.com in perfect condition.
- Available to ship to you inside PCGS protective plastic slabs!
- Released in 2020 to celebrate 60 years of the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Unique label within the slab!
- Consists of .8594 Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- The face value of $1 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded PR70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- DCAM designation.
- First Day of Issue.
- On the obverse are three players trying to rebound the ball.
- The reverse depicts a basketball going through the hoop.
- Coins have concave obverse fields with convex, domed reverse fields.
- Includes P mint marks from the Philadelphia Mint.
The release of these particular silver coins at the US Mint marked the 60th anniversary of the founding of the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame. The site is named in honor of physician James Naismith. Mr. Naismith was a Canadian-American who wrote the first rule book for the sport of basketball and founded the basketball program at the University of Kansas, one of the college game’s most prestigious programs.
All of these 2020-P $1 Silver Basketball HOF Coins are available with perfect certifications from the PCGS. Coins in PR70 condition have full, original mint luster and show no flaws of any kind. The coins also have a DCAM designation that stands for deep-cameo. This term refers to the presence of strong, frosted design strikes and deeply-mirrored, clear fields. The label inside the slab is a special Jerry West label honoring one of the legends of the game. These First DAy of Issue coins were received for grading within 24 hours of the US Mint’s release.
On the obverse of 2020-P Silver Basketball HOF Coins is a depiction of three basketball players. These individuals are huddled beneath a single basketball in the air and jostle for the best position to rebound the ball as it comes down from the rim. The background field on this side has a net effect replicating the appearance of the net on a basketball hoop.
The reverse side of the 2020-P $1 Silver Basketball HOF Coins features the image of a basketball dropping into the net. The domed surface on this side of the coin helps create the illusion of a 3D basketball on the surface of the coin.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Silver.com if you have any questions when you buy silver. Our team can assist you at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.