America the Beautiful silver coins are available from the United States Mint as Brilliant Uncirculated specimens and Burnished specimens. The latter undergoes a special polishing process before coining that results in a matte visual appearance for the finished product. Right now, 2020-P 5 oz Silver Burnished ATB Salt River Bay National Historical Park and Preserve Coins are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
- Ships to you inside of an individual US Mint box with a Certificate of Authenticity!
- Third release from the 2020 ATB schedule and 53rd in the overall ATB Silver series!
- Availability of Burnished ATB coins is limited!
- Consists of Five Troy ounces of .999 fine silver.
- Bears a face value of $.25 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- The obverse includes President George Washington.
- On the reverse is a young red mangrove tree.
- Issued for the United States Virgin Islands in the ATB Series.
- Honors Salt River Bay National Historical Park and Ecological Preserve.
- Features a “P” mint mark from the Philadelphia Mint.
Each 2020-P 5 oz Silver Burnished ATB Salt River Bay National Historical Park and Preserve Coin in this product listing is packaged individually by the United States Mint. The coins ship with a two-piece black box from the mint. The base of the box has a black-velvet lining inside to house the coin and the lid of the box drops down over the base to enclose the coin. On the exterior lid of the box is the logo of the United States Mint and the words “America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coin.”
Great care is taken by the United States Mint in the production of its Burnished Silver ATB coins. The 5 oz silver blanks are rolled in a drum with a polishing medium prior to coining to create the matte visuals. Individual blanks are removed by gloved hands for coining and removed from the coining press with gloved hands after striking. The coins are immediately packaged to ensure the pristine visuals of the burnished style.
The obverse face of 2020-P 5 oz Silver Burnished ATB Salt River Bay National Historical Park and Preserve Coins include the left-profile bust of President George Washington. This is a modernized version of the 1932 bust of Washington created by John Flanagan for the US quarter.
On the reverse side of 2020-P Silver Burnished ATB Salt River Bay National Historical Park and Preserve Coins is a young red mangrove tree. Native to tropical regions throughout the world, mangrove trees grow in estuarine ecosystems along coastal waterways that include brackish waters. Brackish water exists in estuarine ecosystems where fresh and saltwater collide. The salinity of the water is greater than freshwater, but not as high as saltwater.
Silver Burnished ATB Coins all feature a “P” mint mark on the obverse field. Located behind Washington’s head, the mint mark identifies the Philadelphia Mint as the mint of origin for the coins.
If you have any questions when buying silver, Silver.com can help. Please feel free to call 888-989-7223, connect to us via our live chat, or email us.