Gold American Eagles from the United States Mint are annually issued as Brilliant Uncirculated, Proof, and Burnished coins. While the proof coins are designed to be collectible, the US Mint enhanced that collectible value in 2020 with a special V75 privy mark celebrating the 75th anniversary of the end of World War II. Right now, 2020-W 1 oz V75 Privy Proof Gold American Eagles in near-perfect condition are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
- Ships to you inside of individual NGC protective plastic slabs!
- Celebrates 75 years since the end of World War II!
- Mintage limited to 1,945 coins only!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- Bears a face value of $50 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of PF69 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- UCAM labels.
- The obverse features Lady Liberty.
- On the reverse is a family of bald eagles.
- Comes with a “W” mint mark from the West Point Mint.
Each 2020-W 1 oz V75 Privy Proof Gold American Eagle listed here comes with a near-perfect certification. Coins in PF69 condition exhibit full, original mint luster with no more than two minor detracting flaws. Acceptable flaws at this level include only minuscule contact marks or hairlines that must be located outside of the primary focal points of the coin. The UCAM designation indicates that each coin has strong, frosted designs with deeply-mirrored, clear fields.
The release of the V75 privy celebrates the 75th anniversary of the end of World War II. The mark is in the shape of the Rainbow Pool, a reflecting pool at the center of the National World War II Memorial. The “V75” at the center of the privy indicates 75 years since victory.
The obverse of 2020-W V75 Proof Gold Eagles features the historic Lady Liberty design from Augustus Saint-Gaudens. This image originally featured on the obverse of the Gold $20 Double Eagle Coin from the United States Mint from 1907 to 1933. It features Liberty in front-facing relief as she walks toward the viewer with a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left hand.
On the reverse side of the 2020-W 1 oz V75 Privy Proof Gold Eagles is a depiction of a family of American bald eagles. The eagles are depicted around a massive nest, with the male flying overhead and the female in the nest alongside a young hatchling.
If you have any questions, Silver.com customer service is here to help. You can call us on the phone at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email with your inquiries.