The Proof Silver American Eagle is released annually by the United States Mint as the leading collectible silver coin from the mint. However, it is rarely used as a vehicle to honor special moments with a privy mark. In 2020, the US Mint did just that by issuing the Proof Silver Eagle in a limited release with an End of World War II 75th Anniversary privy mark. Today, 2020-W 1 oz V75 Privy Proof Silver American Eagles in near-perfect condition are available to you online at Silver.com.
- Available to you inside of protective plastic slabs courtesy of the NGC!
- 34th issue of Proof Silver American Eagles!
- Features a beautiful privy mark for the End of WWII!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- The face value of $1 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded PF69 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Includes an Early Release label.
- On the obverse is Walking Liberty.
- The reverse field features the heraldic eagle.
- Bears a “W” mint mark from the West Point Mint.
The privy mark featured on the obverse field of the 2020-W Proof Silver American Eagle in this listing is shaped like the Rainbow Pool on the National Mall in Washington DC. The Rainbow Pool was built decades before 2001 when it was incorporated into the newly-built World War II Memorial. Inside of the privy mark is an inscription of “V75.”
All of the 2020-W 1 oz V75 Privy Proof Silver American Eagles offered here boast a PF69 certification. Considered a near-perfect silver coin, these specimens have full, original mint luster and no more than two minor detracting flaws. Examples of acceptable flaws at this grade level include only minuscule contact marks or hairlines. These flaws must be located outside the primary focal points of the coin. Also included with the coin is an Early Release label. This indicates the NGC received the coin for certification within 30 days of its initial release.
On the obverse of 2020-W 1 oz Proof Silver American Eagles is Walking Liberty. This iconic image was created in 1916 by Adolph A. Weinman and first used on the US half dollar from 1916 to 1947. It features a left-profile image of Liberty’s full figure as she walks toward the mountain on the left.
The reverse face of 2020-W 1 oz V75 Privy Proof Silver Eagles comes with the heraldic eagle design. The heraldic eagle is America’s oldest coin design and has been modified numerous times. This version was modernized in 1986 by John Mercanti, the former 12th Chief Engraver of the United States Mint.
Please contact Silver.com if you have any questions. We are available to you on the phone at 888-989-7223, online through our live chat, and using our email address.