The Gold Eagles from the United States Mint have been available annually in the BU Series since 1986. During that period of time, the US Mint has offered the coins in 1 oz, 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, and 1/10 oz gold each year with the same designs on the obverse and reverse each year. In 2021, one of the design elements changed for the first time in the history of the series. Today, 2021 1/2 Gold American Eagle Type 2 Coins are available to you online at Silver.com in near-perfect condition.
- Available to ship to you in PCGS protective plastic slabs!
- 35th anniversary in the Gold American Eagle Series!
- Brand-new bald eagle features on the reverse!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of One-Half Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- The face value of $25 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded Mint State 69 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- First Strike specimen.
- On the obverse is Lady Liberty.
- The reverse features the detailed image of a bald eagle head.
- Enhanced visual elements on the obverse better align with the 1907 design.
The 2021 release cycle for Gold Eagles started with the original combination of Lady Liberty on the obverse of the Miley Busiek depiction of a family of bald eagles on the reverse. After a brief pause in production, the US Mint presents the Type 2 coins with the new bald eagle design from Jennie Norris.
All of the 2021 1/2 oz Gold American Eagle Type 2 Coins listed here come with a near-perfect certification. Coins in MS69 condition are considered near-perfect specimens. Each one has full, original mint luster with a maximum of two minor detracting flaws. Acceptable flaws at this level are limited to minuscule contact marks or hairlines only and must be located outside the primary focal points of the coin. First Strike specimens are those received by the PCGS within 30 days of the US Mint’s initial release.
On the obverse of 2021 Gold Eagle Type 2 Coins is the full-length effigy of Lady Liberty. Designed in 1907 by Augustus Saint-Gaudens, this visual first featured on the Gold $20 Double Eagle from 1907 to 1933. The Type 2 release includes enhanced details on the stars, sun rays, and torch to bring the design into closer alignment with Saint-Gaudens’ original 1907 artwork.
The reverse of the 2021 1/2 oz Gold Eagle Type 2 Coins features the new bald eagle design. This left-profile portrait of an eagle head was designed by Jennie Norris and delivers incredible layers of detail.
Please contact Silver.com if you have any questions. We can assist you on the phone at 888-989-7223, online through our live chat, and via our email address.