When buying gold from the Royal Canadian Mint, you will notice a common design approach across a wide range of its product lineups. From commemorative releases to limited-edition bullion collections, the Royal Canadian Mint loves to showcase the natural splendor and diversity of wildlife found from coast to coast in Canada. Today, 2021 1/4 oz Gold Canadian Great Horned Owl Reverse Proof Coins carry on that legacy and are available to you at Silver.com.
- Available to ship to you in a protective flip, a sheet of 20, or a box of 800 coins!
- Fifth coin in the Animal Portrait Series!
- Stunning reverse-proof visuals!
- Features an image of the so-called “tiger of the air”!
- Consists of One-Quarter Troy ounce of .9999 fine gold.
- The face value of $10 (CAD) is fully backed by the Canadian government.
- Queen Elizabeth II features on the obverse of the coin.
- A Great Horned Owl is captured in the reverse design of the coin.
- The image on the reverse designed by Denis Mayer Jr.
The Animal Portrait Series from the Royal Canadian Mint launched in 2017 and features a singular design release each year. The designs in this collection are offered in two weights for each release. These include this 1/4 oz gold bullion coin and a 3/4 oz silver bullion coin.
All of the 2021 1/4 oz Gold Canadian Great Horned Owl Reverse Proof Coins in this Silver.com listing come with reverse-proof visuals. In a flip of the traditional proof appearance of a coin, a reverse proof has a mirrored design element above a frosted background field for unique visual contrast between the two fields of the coin. The 1/4 oz gold coins are offered in plastic flips, sheets of 20, and boxes of 800 when purchasing.
Queen Elizabeth II features on the obverse of 2021 Gold Great Horned Owl Reverse Proofs. This right-profile effigy of the Queen is the fourth-generation portrait to feature on Canadian coins and was designed in 2003 by Susanna Blunt. Ms. Blunt is just the second Canadian artist ever to design a monarch’s portrait for Canadian coins.
A Great Horned Owl is captured in the reverse design of the 2021 1/4 oz Gold Canadian Great Horned Owl Reverse Proof. The Great Horned Owl is one of the largest owl species in North America and is known to be extremely adaptable, allowing it to occupy various environmental niches across the continent. It is the most widely distributed member of the true owl species in North America.
Please contact Silver.com with any questions you have about these coins. Our team can assist you on the phone at 888-989-7223, chat with you live online, or respond in writing via email.