In 2021, the United States Mint marks the 35th anniversary of its Gold Eagle and Silver Eagle coins. Each coin is getting its own new reverse design element, with the Type 2 release bringing the image of a bald eagle head to the reverse of the Gold Eagle to replace the original design from Miley Busiek. Today, 2021 1 oz Gold American Eagles in perfect condition are available to you online at Silver.com.
- Available to ship to you inside of plastic slabs from the PCGS!
- 35th anniversary for the Gold American Eagle Series!
- Detailed new reverse image of the bald eagle!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- The face value of $50 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded Mint State 70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- First Strike designation.
- On the obverse side of the coin is Lady Liberty.
- The reverse field features a new bald eagle image.
- Variation in the reeded edge for anti-counterfeiting defense.
- Enhanced details on the obverse design elements.
Gold American Eagles from the United States Mint are 22-karat gold coins. Introduced in 1986, the coins have 91.67% gold content with 5.33% copper and 3% silver to balance out the 100% metallic content of the coins.
All of the 2021 1 oz Gold American Eagles available here come in Mint State 70 condition. Coins in this condition have full, original mint luster and no detracting flaws of any kind. The First Strike designation indicates that the PCGS received these coins for grading within 30 days of the initial release of Type 2 designs by the US Mint.
On the obverse side of 2021 Gold Eagles is a depiction of Lady Liberty. Designed in 1907, this image depicts Liberty walking toward the viewer with a torch held up in her right hand and an olive branch held in her left hand. There is a ring of 50 stars around the design element, rays of sunshine emanate from the horizon behind her, and the U.S. Capitol Building is featured in the background by her feet. Many of these small design details have been enhanced with the Type 2 release to better replicate Saint-Gaudens’ original design.
The reverse face of the 2021 1 oz Gold American Eagle features the all-new design from Jennie Norris. The bald eagle’s head is shown in left-profile relief with thick plumage, a hooked beak, and a stoic gaze.
Please contact Silver.com if you have any questions. You can reach our team on the phone at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email with your inquiries.