Customers Note: This is a presale item and is not expected to ship until around July 22nd, 2021. EVERY order containing this item will be held from shipping until that date. Please note that this date is a rough estimate and solely depends on the mint meeting their production schedule.
Since the 1986 introduction of the Silver Eagles at the United States Mint, the coins have stuck to a strict design concept. Like other versions of the American Eagle, the Silver Eagle bears an image of Lady Liberty on the obverse with the American bald eagle captured on the reverse. With the release of 2021 Type 2 coins, the much-anticipated redesigned reverse debuts for investors to purchase. Now, 2021 1 oz Silver American Eagles are available to you for purchase online in perfect condition at Silver.com.
- Coins arrive inside NGC protective plastic slabs!
- Brand-new Type 2 reverse imagery!
- 35th-anniversary year of release in the Silver American Eagle Series!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- Issued a face value of $1 (USD) by the United States.
- Bears a Grade of Mint State 70 from the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- First Day of Issue designation.
- The obverse depicts Walking Liberty.
- On the reverse is the American bald eagle descending into view with an oak branch.
- Reeded edge variation offers anti-counterfeiting protection.
- Obverse is now enhanced with the “AW” signature mark of Adolph A. Weinman.
The redesign of the Silver American Eagle has been in the works since late 2019. Derailed by the COVID 19 pandemic in 2020, the design submission and consideration process went well into the summer of 2020 as the parties involved in selecting a new design were forced to meet virtually.
Some 35-plus designs were submitted to the US Mint for consideration in replacing the heraldic eagle design John Mercanti developed back in 1986. In the end, Emily Damstra’s image of a bald eagle in flight with an oak branch was chosen.
The obverse side of 2021 1 oz Silver American Eagle Type 2s includes the historic Walking Liberty image. Created in 1916 by Adolph A. Weinman, it shows Liberty’s full figure in left-profile relief as she walks toward the sun on the horizon. To bring the design closer to Weinman’s original 1916 creation, the field has been enhanced with Weinman’s “AW” initials from his signature mark.
On the reverse of 2021 1 oz Silver Eagle Type 2s is the new bald eagle design. This vision of the bald eagle shows the bird in flight with its wings stretched behind its frame as it clutches an oak branch in its talons.
These 2021 1 oz Silver American Eagle Type 2 Coins are available with a perfect certification. The NGC assigns a Mint State 70 certification to coins with full, original mint luster and no detracting flaws. In addition, the First Day of Issue designation means the coins were received for the grading process within 24 hours of release by the United States.
Silver.com customer service can assist you at 888-989-7223. We are also available to you online through our live chat and email address features.