The U.S. Mint celebrates the 35th anniversary of the American Silver Eagle coin collection with this new 2021 Designer Set release. Both the original reverse and a new reverse design have been released for 2021, and the United States Mint has paired these two designs together to form this set. Right now, the 2021 Reverse Proof Silver American Eagle 2-Coin Designer Set NGC PF69 FR Type 1 & 2 can be purchased online from Silver.com.
Coin Set Highlights:
- Each coin is packaged in its own individual slab!
- 35th anniversary release of the American Silver Eagle series!
- Limited availability of both reverse proof coins!
- Each coin contains One Troy Ounce of .999 pure silver.
- Both coins hold a face value of One Dollar (USD) that is fully backed by the U.S. federal government.
- PF69 grading received from the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC).
- First Release designations.
- The obverse of both coins shows the image of Lady Liberty.
- The reverse for the Type 1 coin shows the original heraldic eagle design, along with the W mint mark to represent the West Point Mint.
- The reverse for the Type 2 coin shows the new soaring eagle design, along with the S mint mark to represent the San Francisco Mint.
The NGC has given the 2021 Reverse Proof American Eagle 2-Coin Designer Set a PF69 grading. This type of grading indicates that the bullion product is near-perfect, so it exhibits its original mint luster, but it may have a maximum of two minor flaws. Both flaws for this grading are usually limited to minuscule hairline or other marks, and they are typically outside the primary focal point of the coin. These coins are First Release editions, so they received certifications within 30 days of release from each mint.
As a classic coin series, the Silver Eagle coin collection has released many collectible bullion products for years. This series has been popular for many coin collectors, and 2021 marks the 35th anniversary of these classic bullion collectibles.
The obverse of both coins in the 2021 Reverse Proof Silver Eagle Designer Set has the original Lady Liberty imagery designed by Adolph A. Weinman in 1916. This obverse imagery has been used in the American Silver Eagle series throughout the 35 years of coin releases. In the design, Lady Liberty is shown from her left profile, and she walks forward toward the sun.
There are two different reverse designs in the 2021 Reverse Proof Silver American Eagle Designer Set. The Type 1 coin features the original design created by John Mercanti of the heraldic eagle. The Type 2 coin features a new reverse design by Emily Damstra that shows an eagle flying through the sky. Both of these designs are paired together to symbolize the past and future of the collection.
If you want to learn any additional information, please reach out to our team at Silver.com. We can be contacted via email, online live chat, or by phone at 888-989-7223.