When the Silver American Eagle debuted at the United States Mint, the BU and Proof coins were first struck at the San Francisco Mint. The BU coins remained there through 1998, but the Proof coins were only struck there through 1992. Starting in 2018, regular coining of S-Proof Silver Eagles resumed alongside the standard W-Proof Silver Eagle. Right now, 2021-S 1 oz Proof Silver American Eagles in perfect condition are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
- Ships in a protective plastic slab from the Professional Coin Grading Service!
- 35th anniversary in the Proof Silver Eagle Series!
- All-new Type 2 reverse design!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- Bears a face value of $1 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of PR70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- DCAM visuals.
- The obverse depicts Walking Liberty.
- On the reverse is the new American bald eagle design.
- Comes with an S mint mark from the San Francisco Mint.
Each of the 2021-S 1 oz Proof Silver American Eagles available here comes with a plastic slab and a perfect certification. PR70 coins exhibit full, original mint luster and have no detracting flaws of any kind. The DCAM designation refers to proof coins with strong, frosted design elements and deeply-mirrored, clear fields.
The 2021 release of Proof Silver American Eagles included three versions in total. The W-Proof Silver Eagles were struck at West Point during the Type 1 series with the original reverse design and the Type 2 series with the new reverse design from Emily Damstra. The S-Proof Silver Eagle from the San Francisco Mint was only issued in the Type 2 series with the new reverse.
The obverse of 2021-S Proof Silver Eagles features the effigy of Walking Liberty. Designed by Adolph A. Weinman in 1916, this vision shows the full-length figure of Liberty in left-profile relief as she walks toward the sun with her right hand outstretched and her left carrying branches of oak and laurel.
On the reverse side of the 2021-S 1 oz Proof Silver Eagle is an all-new vision of the American bald eagle. The design shows the eagle’s body in flight. The left-profile relief shows the eagle with its wings flexed as its talons clutching a large oak branch.
If you have any questions about these coins, please feel free to ask. Silver.com customer service is available to you at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.