Since 2018, the United States Mint has issued its beautiful Proof Silver American Eagles from two mints. While the West Point Mint has been the primary home of coining for this series since 2001, the San Francisco Mint has been providing additional Proof Silver Eagle coining for collectors each year since 2018. While the traditional W-Proof Silver Eagle maintains the highest mintage figures, the S-Proof Silver Eagle is becoming a niche collectible with its lower mintage figures. Now, 2021-S 1 oz Proof Silver American Eagle Type 2 Coins make their debut and are available to you for purchase online at Silver.com.
- Coins ship to you inside acrylic capsules and black US Mint boxes with an included Certificate of Authenticity!
- 35th anniversary in the Proof Silver American Eagle Series!
- First release of the new reverse bald eagle on S-Proof coins!
- Product limit of 200,000 coins only!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- Issued a face value of $1 (USD) by the United States.
- The obverse field has the Walking Liberty design.
- On the reverse side is the new image of an American bald eagle.
- Break in the reeded edge offers an anti-counterfeiting measure for the coins.
- Obverse features the original signature mark of Adolph A. Weinman.
- Comes with an S mint mark from the San Francisco Mint.
Unlike other coins in the Silver American Eagle Series, the S-Proof Silver American Eagle was not issued in 2021 with a Type 1 design. The 2020-S Proof Silver American Eagle was the last issue of the proof coin from San Francisco. That release featured a final declared mintage of 191,336.
That mintage at the San Francisco Mint was a little more than half that of the W-Proof Silver Eagle in 2020. The 2020-W Proof Silver Eagle had a mintage of 357,049 coins. While the W-Proof Silver Eagle was already issued in 2021 with the original Type 1 designs, the S-Proof Silver Eagle is making its debut with the new Type 2 design.
The obverse of the 2021-S 1 oz Proof Silver American Eagle Type 2 features the depiction of Walking Liberty. Created in 1916 by Adolph A. Weinman, the image shows Liberty in left-profile relief walking toward the sun on the horizon. This side of the coin now features the original AW signature mark of Weinman within the field.
On the reverse of 2021-S 1 oz Proof Silver Eagle Type 2 Coins is the new bald eagle. Created by Emily Damstra, it features the eagle as it swoops down into view with its wings stretched out as its talons hold a large oak branch.
These 2021-S 1 oz Proof Silver American Eagle Type 2 Coins are available with beautiful packaging. The coins are housed in acrylic capsules with a black presentation box. The exterior of the box comes with an artistic rendering of the new bald eagle reverse artwork. The coins also come with a Certificate of Authenticity.
Silver.com customer service is available at 888-989-7223. We are also available online through our live chat and email address features.