The coins of the Gold American Eagle Series from the United States Mint come in three versions. In 2021, all three versions of the coin received a design overhaul on the reverse side of the coin that replaced Miley Busiek’s 1986 design with an all-new vision of the American bald eagle. Today, certified perfect 2021-W 1/10 oz Proof Gold American Eagle 2-Coin Designer Sets are available to you online at Silver.com.
Coin Set Highlights:
- Available to ship inside protective plastic slabs courtesy of the PCGS!
- 35th-anniversary coin from the Proof Gold American Eagle Series!
- Includes both Type 1 and Type 2 coins!
- Original mintage limited to 5,000 coins only!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One-Tenth Troy ounce of actual gold content per coin.
- The face value of $5 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Bears a Grade of PR70 from the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- First Day of Issue coin.
- On the obverse is Lady Liberty.
- The reverse features a family of bald eagles on the Type 1 coin and a bald eagle head on the Type 2 coin.
- Issued W mint marks by the West Point Mint.
The Type 1 and Type 2 designations are simply terms used by dealers to help separate the original design combinations struck on 2021 versions of the Gold Eagle from the 2021 coins with the new reverse design. The new bald eagle on the reverse was created in 2020 by Jennie Norris and chosen from a collection of more than 30 possible designs for the reverse of the coins.
All of these 2021-W 1/10 oz Proof Gold American Eagle 2-Coin Designer Sets are available to purchase in perfect condition. Both coins have full, original mint luster with no detracting flaws of any kind present on the elements or fields of the coins. The First Day of Issue label indicates that each coin was received for grading by the PCGS within 24 hours of its release by the US Mint.
On the obverse of coins in the 2021-W 1/10 oz Proof Gold Eagle 2-Coin Designer Set is the image of Lady Liberty. Created by Augustus Saint-Gaudens, This visual element depicts a full-length version of Liberty walking toward the viewer with an olive branch in one hand and a torch held aloft in the other.
The reverse side of the coins in the 2021-W 1/10 oz Proof Gold American Eagle 2-Coin Designer Set features the old and new designs for the series. The Type 1 coin comes with the family of bald eagles as designed by Miley Busiek in 1986. The Type 2 coin bears the all-new left-profile image of a bald eagle head created by Jennie Norris.
Please feel free to contact Silver.com with any questions. You can call us on the phone at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email with your inquiries.