The United States Mint is now ready with its Type 2 designs on both the Gold Eagle and Silver Eagle coins. The launch of these refreshed bald eagle designs on the reverse of the respective coins marks the 35th anniversary in the series and positions each coin to continue dominating the precious metals market. Today, 2021-W 1/2 oz Proof Gold American Eagle Type 2 Coins are available to you online at Silver.com.
- Available to you inside an acrylic capsule with a black presentation box and a Certificate of Authenticity!
- 35th-anniversary issue of Proof Gold American Eagles!
- Brand-new Type 2 design now features on the reverse!
- Mintage limited to 2,000 coins only!
- Consists of One-Half Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- The face value of $25 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- On the obverse is Lady Liberty from Augustus Saint-Gaudens.
- The reverse now features the American bald eagle as designed by Jennie Norris.
- New variation in the reeded edge offers anti-counterfeiting defense.
- Visuals on the obverse have been enhanced to bring the image closer to the original 1907 design from Saint-Gaudens.
- Bears a “W” mint mark from the West Point Mint.
With production capacity and resources for the Proof Gold Eagle 2021 release split across The Type 1 release with the original design combinations and the new Type 2 release with the new reverse bald eagle design, the US Mint has established a product limit on the Proof Gold Eagles, as well as mintage limits on the individually-packaged coins. For the 1/2 oz Proof Gold Eagle, no more than 12,250 Type 2 coins will be struck. However, only 2,000 Type 2 coins will be available in the traditional proof packaging from the mint.
All 2021-W 1/2 oz Proof Gold American Eagles available in this Silver.com listing have an acrylic capsule with a black presentation box and a Certificate of Authenticity. The presentation box is housed in an outer shipper that boasts a beautiful, artistic depiction of the new bald eagle reverse on its cover.
On the obverse of the 2021-W Proof Gold Eagle is the design of Lady Liberty from Augustus Saint-Gaudens. Created in 1907 with the urging of President Theodore Roosevelt as the nation began to overhaul its 19th-century coin designs for the 20th century, this vision shows Liberty walking toward the viewer with the U.S. Capitol Building in the background, rays of sunshine, a ring of stars, a torch in Liberty’s hand, and an olive branch in the other. These design elements have been enhanced for the Type 2 release to bring the imagery closer to Saint-Gaudens’ original intention.
The reverse side of 2021-W 1/2 oz Proof Gold American Eagles features an all-new design. The Type 2 image of the bald eagle captures the impressive details of its plumage. This design was created by Jennie Norris and chosen from more than 30 options to replace the original design from Miley Busiek.
Please contact Silver.com with any questions. Our team can assist you at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.