As the US Mint prepares to retire the Miley Busiek design in the Gold Eagle Series, it releases that original design one final time in 2021. Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ creation of a full-length figure of Lady Liberty is featured on the obverse. This Gold American Eagle coin is minted at the West Point Mint and is struck in 22-karat gold. Currently, the 2021-W 1/4 oz Proof Gold American Eagle Type 1 coin is ready for purchase in nearly perfect condition from Silver.com.
- Arrives in an NGC protective plastic slab!
- Last release of the original Miley Busiek design on the 1/4 oz Proof American Gold Eagle coin series!
- Limited quantities of certified near-perfect coins!
- Contains One Quarter Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- Bears a face value of $10 (USD) fully backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of PF69 from the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Features a UCAM designation.
- The obverse features a Walking Lady Liberty.
- The reverse comes with the family of bald eagles design for the final time.
- Includes an Early Release label.
In 1981, Congress began petitioning for the return of the American Gold Eagle, and in 1985, when Ronald Reagan signed the Gold Bullion Coin Act into law, this paved the way for the mint production of this coin to begin again, which it did in 1986.
The obverse of the 2021 Proof Gold American Eagle coin features a walking Lady Liberty. This Augustus Saint-Gaudens created design features a full-length figure of Lady Liberty walking towards you, hair flowing, her extended right hand grasping a torch, and her left hand holding an olive branch.
The reverse side of the 2021 Proof Gold American Eagle coin features the 1986 depiction of a family of bald eagles. Created by Miley Busiek, this design shows two eagles in the nest as a third eagle soars overhead.
These 2021 1/4 oz Proof Gold American Eagle coins come with the PF69 certification from the NGC. This means that they have full, original mint luster and present with no more than two minor imperfections.
These 2021 1/4 oz Proof Gold American Eagle coins also received the UCAM designation, which refers to ultra-cameo, and means the coins have been struck with specially polished dies that give the coins a deeply-mirrored finish with clear background fields. In addition, the coins received the Early Release label. To qualify for the ER label, the coins must have been received by the NGC, or an NGC-approved depository, within the first 30 days of the coin’s release. The coins also bear the “W” mint mark.
If you have any questions, the Silver.com Customer Service team is available to assist you. We can be reached via phone at 888-989-7223, online via our live chat, or via our email address.