The Silver American Eagle is taking off toward new horizons in 2021 with the debut of the new Type 2 coin design. Issued starting in mid-2021, the Type 2 designation differentiates the 2021 release of the original design combinations in early 2021 with the release of the refreshed reverse design starting in mid-2021. Today, 2021 1 oz Proof Silver American Eagles are available to you online at Silver.com in near-perfect condition.
- Available to ship to you inside of NGC protective plastic slabs!
- 35th-anniversary release of Proof Silver American Eagles!
- Brand-new reverse design element!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- The face value of $1 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded PF69 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- UCAM specimens.
- First Day of Issue designation.
- On the obverse is Walking Liberty.
- The reverse features the new bald eagle design.
- Comes with a “W” mint mark from the West Point Mint.
The release of the new Type 2 version of the 2021 Proof Silver Eagle comes with some enhanced features just introduced by the United States Mint. The coins have a new reeded edge variation for anti-counterfeiting defense and now bear the “AW” artist signature from the Adolph A. Weinman in the obverse field.
All of the 2021 1 oz Proof Silver American Eagles available here have PF69 certifications. A near-perfect coin has full, original mint luster with a maximum of two minor detracting flaws. Examples of those flaws include only minuscule contact marks or hairlines that must be located outside of the primary focal points of the coin.
The included UCAM and First Day of Issue designations with these coins point to the special visuals and timing of certification. Ultra-cameo coins have strong, frosted design elements overlaying deeply-mirrored, clear background fields. The First Day of Issue designation means that the coins were received by the NGC for grading within 24 hours of the US Mint’s initial release.
On the obverse of 2021 Proof Silver American Eagle Type 2 Coins is Walking Liberty. The left-profile portrait shows Liberty walking toward the sun on the horizon as the American flag is draped around her figure.
The reverse face of the 2021 1 oz Proof Silver Eagle Type 2 Coins comes with an all-new design from Emily Damstra. The design shows a bald eagle in flight with a large oak branch in its talons. The oak branch symbolizes strength and durability.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Silver.com if you have any questions. Our team can assist you at 888-989-7223, online through our live chat, and using our email address.