The United States Mint offers its popular Gold Eagle bullion coins in BU, Proof, and Burnished versions each year. Only one of these offers a regular opportunity from the mint to buy all four weights at once. The Proof Gold Eagle’s four individual coins are annually offered in a four-coin set. Now, 2021-W Four-Coin Proof Gold American Eagle Sets are available to you for purchase online at Silver.com.
Coin Set Highlights:
- Coin set ships to you inside protective capsules and a presentation box with a Certificate of Authenticity!
- 35th-anniversary year of availability for the Proof Gold Eagles!
- Features the new Type 2 eagle design on the reverse!
- Mintage limited to 10,250 coin sets only!
- Consists of 1.85 Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- Issued individual face values by the United States.
- Liberty on the obverse.
- New American bald eagle design on the reverse.
- Anti-counterfeiting reeded edge variation.
- Enhanced obverse details bring the design visuals closer to Saint-Gaudens’ original artwork.
- Bears “W” mint marks from the West Point Mint.
The United States Mint’s Type 2 release brings the first refreshed design element to the Gold Eagles since the 1986 introduction of the series. Jennie Norris, an artist in the US Mint Artistic Infusion Program, created the new image of the bald eagle that will feature on the reverse side of the coins going forward. Her artwork was chosen from more than 30 other options to be the new face of the bald eagle on these coins.
As the US Mint started its 2021 production cycle, the so-called Type 1 coins were issued first that used the original design combinations on the coins. This was done so the US Mint could continue to meet demand for the coins while also preparing its coining presses with new dies to strike the new Type 2 reverse designs.
Lady Liberty is found on the obverse of 2021-W Proof Gold American Eagles. This design from Augustus Saint-Gaudens was created in 1907 at the direct request of President Theodore Roosevelt. It was one of the first coins redesigned by the US Mint in the early 20th century during a modernization effort for American coinage.
A brand-new bald eagle features in the reverse design of the 2021-W Proof Gold Eagles in this Four-Coin Set. The image shows a bald eagle’s head in left-profile relief with incredible detail in its plumage, its icy gaze, and the powerful hook in its beak.
These 2021-W Four-Coin Proof Gold American Eagle Sets arrive with protective capsules for each coin and a four-coin presentation box to house all the coins together. A Certificate of Authenticity is included with the set. You will receive a 1 oz, 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, and 1/10 oz gold coin in this set.
Silver.com customer service is available to assist you at 888-989-7223. We are also available to you online using our live chat and email address features.