Each year, the United States Mint issues the Gold Eagle bullion series with a Brilliant Uncirculated, Proof, and Burnished option to suit both investors and collectors. It is the proof range that is the only one of the three versions of the gold coin to offer a four-coin collectible set. Right now, 2021-W 4-Coin Proof Gold American Eagle Coin Sets are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
Coin Set Highlights:
- Arrives in capsules and a display box from the US Mint with a Certificate of Authenticity included!
- 35th-anniversary release of Proof Gold American Eagles!
- Availability of Proof Gold American Eagle Sets is limited!
- Consists of 1.85 Troy ounces of actual gold content in total.
- Bears a total face value of $90 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Lady Liberty graces the obverse field of the coin.
- American bald eagles are featured around the nest on the reverse of the coin.
- Comes with “W” mint marks from the West Point Mint on each coin.
Each 2021-W 4-Coin Proof Gold American Eagle Set comes to you with a Certificate of Authenticity from the United States Mint. The mint packages each individual coin in a protective plastic capsule that is then housed in its own slot inside of the US Mint display box that accompanies the set. These sets include a total of four coins with 2021-dated 1 oz, 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, and 1/10 oz gold coins included.
The 2021 Proof Gold American Eagle Set released here is part of the broader 35th-anniversary celebration of the Gold Eagle and Silver Eagle coins. Eventually, 2021 coins from these two collections will bear new reverse images, but for the early releases of 2021-dated coins, the US Mint will continue with the original design combinations. That makes this set the last one to include the original reverse design element.
Lady Liberty continues to feature on the obverse of 2021-W Proof Gold American Eagles. This design was created by Augustus Saint-Gaudens in 1907 and featured on $20 Gold Double Eagles from 1907 to 1933. Liberty walks away from Washington D.C. in this design with the US Capitol Building at her feet, with the torch of hope in one hand and an olive branch of peace in the other.
A family of American bald eagles is depicted on the reverse side of 2021-W Proof Gold American Eagle Coin Sets. The design was created by Miley Busiek and shows a female eagle in the nest guarding a hatchling as a male eagle flies over the nest.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Silver.com with those inquiries. Our team is reachable on the phone at 888-989-7223, online through our live chat, and via our email address.