The gold coins for sale in the British Royal Arms Series have been available since 2019. The collection launched that year with 1 oz silver and 1 oz gold coins. In 2020, the series expanded with the introduction of 1/10 oz gold, 10 oz silver, and 1 oz platinum options. Today, 2022 1 oz Gold British Royal Arms Coins are available to you online at Silver.com.
- Available to you in protective flips, plastic tubes of 10 coins, or boxes of 100 coins!
- Fourth year of release for the Gold British Royal Arms coins!
- Beautiful image of the Royal Arms of England!
- Mintage limited to 5,000 coins only!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .9999 fine gold in BU condition.
- The face value of 100 Pound sterling (GBP) is fully backed by the British government.
- On the obverse is an effigy of Queen Elizabeth II.
- The reverse depicts the Royal Arms of England.
- Designed by Timothy Noad.
In 1198, King Richard I gave England a seal that would become the first officially recognized Royal Arms of England. Though shields and seals bearing one or two lions had been a part of English symbolism since the Anglo-Saxons and Danes competed for control of the Isles, it was the Plantagenet monarch, King Richard I, whose Three Lions emblem became the first official Royal Arms.
All of these 2022 1 oz Gold British Royal Arms Coins are available in Brilliant Uncirculated condition. The coins come individually packaged in protective flips, with multiples of 10 coins housed in a plastic tube. Multiples of 100 coins are available in a box that features 10 separate 10-coin tubes.
On the obverse of 2022 Gold British Royal Arms Coins is an effigy of the reigning monarch, Queen Elizabeth II of England. Her Majesty has been on the throne as Queen of England since 1952 and has set countless records along the way, including becoming the first monarch ever to mark a Platinum Jubilee for 70 years on the throne. This bust is a right-profile relief that was created in 2015 by Jody Clark.
The reverse side of 2022 1 oz Gold Royal Arms Coins comes with Timothy Noad’s depiction of the Royal Arms of England. The design focuses on a quartered shield with the English coat of arms in the first and fourth quadrants, the Scottish coat of arms in the second, and a symbol of Northern Ireland in the third. This is all topped by the Imperial Crown and supported by both the Lion of England and the Unicorn of Scotland.
If you have any questions, Silver.com can help. Please call us at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or email us directly.