The Proof Gold Eagles from the United States Mint offer collectors the chance to own the popular designs in the series with exceptional visuals. Buying certified versions of the Proof Gold Eagle comes with the knowledge that each coin is available with beautiful quality and no flaws. Today, 2022-W 1 oz Proof Gold American Eagles are available to you online at Silver.com in perfect condition.
- Available to ship to you inside protective plastic slabs from the NGC!
- 36th year of release in the Proof Gold American Eagle Series!
- Available mintages are limited!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- The face value of $50 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded PF70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- UCAM coin.
- Early Release designation.
- On the obverse is Lady Liberty.
- The reverse features an American bald eagle.
- Bears a W mint mark from the West Point Mint.
In 1986, the United States Mint introduced the coins of the Gold American Eagle Series. This included weights of 1 oz, 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, and 1/10 oz gold in a BU Series. That same year saw the introduction of a Proof Series, but with only a 1 oz gold weight available. In 1987, the 1/2 oz version of the Proof Gold Eagle was introduced, followed in 1988 by the 1/4 oz and 1/10 oz coins.
All of these 2022-W 1 oz Proof Gold American Eagles are available with plastic slabs and perfect grades from the NGC. Coins in PF70 condition have full, original mint luster and no detractions present. The coins available here also have UCAM and Early Release designations. The former refers to the strong, frosted designs and deeply-mirrored, clear fields. The latter indicates the coins were received by the NGC for certification within 30 days of release.
On the obverse side of 2022 Proof Gold American Eagles is Lady Liberty. This front-facing effigy of Liberty depicts her walking toward the viewer with sun rays at her back, the U.S. Capitol Building at her feet, an olive branch in her left hand, and a torch held aloft in her right hand.
The reverse field of the 2022-W Proof Gold Eagle comes with an image of the American bald eagle. Designed by Jennie Norris of the Artistic Infusion Program at the United States Mint, this vision of a bald eagle head in left-profile relief replaced Miley Busiek’s original 1986 design in mid-2021.
Please contact Silver.com if you have any questions. Our team can assist you at 888-989-7223, chat with you live online, or respond to your inquiries via email.