Pre-33 $10 Gold Liberty Eagle 4-Coin Sets (1838-1899, AU+) - Silver.com™
Gold: $1815.93 -6.52
Silver: $25.39 -0.18
0

Pre-33 $10 Gold Liberty Eagle 4-Coin Sets (1838-1899, AU+)

IRA Eligible!
IN STOCK: In Our Vaults & Ready to Ship

Volume Pricing Current Spot Price: $1,815.93


QTY Check / Wire Crypto

We accept BTC, BCH, ETH, DOGE, and 4 USD-pegged stablecoins

Card / Paypal
1+
$4,264.18
$4,308.60
$4,441.85
Sell to Us Price: Call Us

Call us at 1-866-898-4805 or email us at buybacks@silver.com to receive custom bid pricing for this item. Note that buybacks are subject to $1,000 minimums as well as possible maximums depending on inventory positions, and require verbal confirmation via phone.

From 1795 to 1933, the United States Mint issued its primary gold coin denomination into circulation in the country. Known as the US Eagle, this denomination series consisted of $2.50, $5, $10, and $20 gold coins. The longest-running design is known as the Gold Liberty Eagle coin. Today, you have the special opportunity at Silver.com to get a Pre-33 Gold $10 Liberty Eagle Four-Coin Set online.

Coin Set Highlights:

  • Available to you in individual plastic flips!
  • Pre-1900 dates on all four gold coins!
  • Set offers four Gold $10 Liberty Eagles!
  • Each coin is in About Uncirculated or better condition!
  • Please keep in mind the date marks will all vary within the set of four you receive.
  • Consists of a total of 1.935 Troy ounces of actual gold content.
  • The individual face values of $10 (USD) are fully backed by the US government.
  • Lady Liberty in left-profile relief on the obverse.
  • Heraldic eagle of the United States on the reverse.

In 1837, the United States Mint introduced a new Liberty design on the $10 Eagle that would go on to outpace all other designs ever to feature on the denomination. Created by Christian Gobrecht, the Gold Liberty Eagle imagery was used on the coins for nearly 70 years. It was subsequently used on the Quarter Eagle, Half Eagle, and Double Eagle denominations as well as those coins were rolled out by the US Mint.

All of these Pre-33 Gold $10 Liberty Eagle Four-Coin Sets are available to you with plastic flips for each coin. With .48375 Troy ounces of actual gold content in each coin, you will get a total of nearly 2 Troy ounces of gold. The US Mint used 90% gold content in the Gold Liberty Eagle Series, with the remaining alloy consisting of 10% copper. All of these coins are in About Uncirculated condition, indicating only the presence of light-to-trace wear and tear on the highest design points and most of the original mint luster present. Date marks on these coins all pre-date 1900. No four-coin set will come with matching date marks present as all four coins have different dates of issue.

Lady Liberty features on the obverse of these Pre-33 Gold $10 Eagles. Designed by Gobrecht, the 3rd Chief Engraver of the United States Mint, the left-profile effigy of Liberty found here has most of her hair back in a bun, a coronet crown in her hair, and a few curls running down the side of her head. This field includes the date mark at the bottom and 13 stars around the design element.

A 19th-century version of the heraldic eagle of the United States is present on the reverse of Pre-33 Gold $10 Eagle Coins. The design features a bald eagle in front-facing relief looking to the left. The bird uses its talons to clutch the olive branch of peace and the arrows of war, with a small US national shield on its chest. Coins dated 1838 to 1865 lack the national motto of “In God We Trust.” The coins dated 1866-1900 in this set have a banner above the eagle with the national motto.

Please feel free to contact Silver.com with your questions. You can call us at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or send us an email with your inquiries.

Additional information

Weight 1.93520 oz

  1. There is currently no reviews for this product.

Brand: US Mint

Year:  Random

Mint Mark:  Not Shown

Purity:  .900

Manufacturer:  US Mint

Condition:  Almost Uncirculated

Face Value:  $10

Issuing Country:  United States

Obverse Designer:  Augustus Saint-Gaudens

Reverse Designer:  Augustus Saint-Gaudens

Edge Design:  Reeded

Packaging Type:  Presentation Packaging

Images shown are examples only. Actual item appearance is subject to change, but will always correlate with title and description.

Lowest Price: $4264.18

Frequently Asked Questions

How much does shipping cost?

When will I receive my order?

How will my order be packaged?

From where will my order ship?

What if my order is lost or stolen in transit?

What payment methods do you accept?

Is my information secure?

How can I contact you?

Do you charge sales tax?

Where does your spot price come from?

Are your products actually in stock?

Why are multiple prices listed?

When do I lock in my price?

Do you ship internationally?