One of the most popular designs from the historic Gold Eagle denomination was the Liberty Head design. Created by the 3rd Chief Engraver of the United States Mint, Christian Gobrecht, the Gold Liberty Eagle coin was used longer than any other design in the series and longer than all other designs in total. Today, Pre-33 Gold $10 Liberty Eagles are available to you online from Silver.com in certified condition.
- Available to ship to you inside protective plastic slabs from the PCGS or NGC!
- Offered with dates that could range from 1838 to 1907!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of .48375 Troy ounces of actual gold content.
- The face value of $10 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded Mint State 64 by the Professional Coin Grading Service or Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- On the obverse is a portrait of Liberty.
- The reverse features the heraldic eagle.
- Please keep in mind the designs on the reverse can vary slightly by date and that we cannot guarantee a specific date mark or grading house label.
The Pre-33 Gold $10 Liberty Eagle Coin was issued by the United States Mint for 70 years from its first issue in 1838 to its final release in early 1907. With 70 years in production, the Liberty Head design was used longer than all other designs in this denomination. The Turban Head Liberty design was used from 1795 to 1804, while the Indian Head design was used from 1907 to 1933. These designs total 26 years in circulation, less than half that of the Liberty Head.
All of the Pre-33 Gold $10 Liberty Eagles available here come with individual slabs from the PCGS or NGC and grades of Mint State 64. Coins in this condition have average mint luster remaining, with the potential for varying degrees of flaws that include small clusters of contact marks, one or two heavier marks, and the potential for one or two patches of hairlines.
Silver.com offers these coins to you at random. We cannot guarantee the date mark, the specific reverse design, and the grading house that certified each individual coin. All items are chosen at random after your payment clears. If you buy more than one, you could get coins with matching dates, designs, and labels.
On the obverse of Pre-33 Gold $10 Liberty Eagle Coins is a depiction of Lady Liberty in left-profile relief. This effigy of Liberty comes with the coronet crown on Liberty’s head and a ring of 13 stars around the portrait.
The reverse side of the Pre-33 Gold $10 Liberty Eagles comes with an image of the heraldic eagle. All coins have a front-facing bald eagle with the US national shield and the arrows of war and the olive branch of peace in its talons. Coins in this series dated 1866 to 1907 have an additional banner on this side that has the inscription IN GOD WE TRUST.
Silver.com customer service is here to help answer your questions when buying gold. Please call us at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email with your inquiries.