The gold coins of the US Eagle denomination were produced and circulated in the United States from 1795 to 1933, with certain denominations ending production in 1929. Among those coins, the Half Eagle was a $5 denomination that shared the same designs as the Eagle, Quarter Eagle, and Double Eagle. This continued until 1908 when the Eagle and Double Eagle got unique designs, while the Half Eagle and Quarter Eagle shared a new design for the final two decades. Today, Pre-33 Gold $5 Indian Half Eagle Coins are available to you online in certified condition.
- Available to ship to you in PCGS protective plastic slabs!
- Released from 1908 to 1914 and again in 1929!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of .242 Troy ounces of actual gold content.
- The face value of $5 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded AU55 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- On the obverse is a portrait of an indigenous figure.
- The reverse field of the coin features an American bald eagle.
- Please keep in mind that you may get matching date marks or varied date marks if you buy multiples.
Gold $5 Indian Half Eagles were introduced in 1908 and saw less production than previous designs in the series. The outbreak of World War I in 1914 put a damper on the United States Mint’s desire to strike new gold coins for circulation. The US Half Eagle was struck from 1908 to the start of the war and not struck again until 1929, the final year the coins were issued.
All of the Pre-33 Gold $5 Indian Half Eagle Coins available here come with a certification from the PCGS. The About Uncirculated 55 grade is a valuable one for gold coins. Each one has medium to nearly full mint luster, with only extremely light or trace wear present on the highest points of the coin.
Please keep in mind that Gold Indian Half Eagles have 90% gold content with a balance of 10% copper in the metallic alloy. The coins in this listing come with the potential for random dates, and if you buy multiples, you may receive matching date marks or varied date marks.
On the obverse of Pre-33 Gold $5 Indian Half Eagles is an effigy of an indigenous tribal leader. This was one of the first effigies of an indigenous figure on American coins and the left-profile relief shows him wearing a tall, feathered headdress.
The reverse side of the Pre-33 Gold Indian Half Eagles comes with a depiction of the American bald eagle. In this design, the bald eagle is shown resting on a sheaf of arrows with an olive branch wrapped around it.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to Silver.com with any questions about gold for sale. You can call us at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.