Among the various options in the Gold Eagle series from the United States Mint, the 1/10 oz bullion coin has proven immensely popular throughout the history of the program. Throughout the program’s history, the 1/10 oz coin has typically outsold the flagship 1 oz offering. Right now, 1/10 oz Proof Gold American Eagle Coins are available to purchase online at Silver.com from varied years of issue.
- Ships to you inside of a brown, satin-lined velvet display case.
- Includes Certificate of Authenticity.
- 1/10 oz Proof American Gold Eagles have been issued since 1988!
- Consists of One-Tenth Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- Bears a face value of $5 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- The famous Liberty design from Augustus Saint-Gaudens is on the obverse.
- An image of a bald eagle family from Miley Busiek is on the reverse.
- Features either the West Point Mint’s “W” mint mark or Philadelphia Mint’s “P” mint mark.
In this product listing, Silver.com is proud to offer you the chance to purchase a 1/10 oz Proof Gold American Eagle coin from varied years of issue. You’ll receive your Proof Gold Eagle inside of its original box, complete with a Certificate of Authenticity.
These coins have been available since 1988, and Silver.com cannot guarantee which year you’ll receive. The specific year of issue you get with your purchase is dependent upon availability in our warehouse when the order ships.
From the first year of issue, the 1/10 oz Proof Gold American Eagle was immensely popular. It outsold the other four weights in the program every year from 1988 to 2007. Since 2008, the 1/10 oz has failed to recapture that moment, often falling below the 1 oz coin in mintage.
On the obverse face of the coin is the image of Liberty created in 1907 by Augustus Saint-Gaudens. This image features Liberty as she strides forth from the capital of the nation with a torch in one hand and an olive branch in the other. The year of issue is featured on this side, with all 1988 to 1991 issue coins featuring a year of issue in Roman Numerals, and 1992 and onward issues with the year of issue in Arabic Numerals.
The reverse of all 1/10 oz Proof Gold American Eagle coins includes the image of a family of nesting bald eagles. Created exclusively for the Gold Eagle series by Miley Busiek, it includes a male eagle flying over the nest while a female stands guard over the hatchlings.
If you have any questions, please contact Silver.com. Our customer service team is available at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.