The Proof Silver American Eagle is one of the most popular collector’s coins in the world. While the bullion coin in the series is popular among collectors and investors, the proof coin is particularly attractive to collectors because of its greater focus on a beautiful design and finish.
Coin Set Highlights:
- 29 coin set includes one coin from each year of Proof Silver American Eagle production (1986 to 2015). Please note that the US Mint did not produce Proof Silver Eagles for the 2009 year.
- Each proof comes in its original US Mint box, along with its Certificate of Authenticity.
- All coins contain 1 ounce of .999 pure silver.
- Each coin has a $1 (USD) face value backed by the federal government.
- Adolph A. Weinman’s Walking Liberty featured on the obverse.
- John Mercanti’s heraldic eagle, unique to Silver Eagle coins, is featured on the reverse.
Silver American Eagle coins are produced annually based upon demand among collectors and investors. The Proof Silver Eagle was introduced in 1986 along with the bullion coin, and has been struck every year since with the exception of 2009.
Proof Silver Eagles were struck in San Francisco from 1986 to 1992, Philadelphia from 1993 to 2000, and West Point since 2001. However, Silver.com cannot guarantee that proof coins in this package will bear specific mint marks for years in which multiple mint marks are available. We also cannot offer the 1995-W Proof Silver Eagle in this set due to its tremendous rarity – customers will receive an alternate mint-mark for the 1995 year.
The United States Mint was founded by an act of Congress in 1792, making it one of the oldest minting facilities in the Western Hemisphere. The Denver Mint is the only facility in the mint system that does not contribute to the production of Silver American Eagles.
If you have questions about this special-edition box set of Proof Silver American Eagles, please contact a Silver.com associate. You can reach us at 888-989-7223, online through our website’s live chat feature, or via email.