When looking back on the history of the United States, Thomas Jefferson is always a prominent figure. He made a number of unbelievable contributions to this country and his legacy still lives on today. In an attempt to honor Thomas Jefferson, his likeness was placed on the $2 banknote and subsequently the 1 oz $2 Banknote Copper Round which is a commemoration of that original banknote. This copper round is made from 1 AVDP oz of fine .999 copper and comes to collectors in brand new condition.
- Consists of one AVDP ounce of .999 fine copper.
- Bears the image of the 2nd President of the United States of America, Thomas Jefferson.
- Replicates the appearance of the $2 banknote, first issued by the US Mint in 1976 on the nation’s bicentennial of its founding.
- Intended to reduce use of $1 and $5 banknotes, the $2 banknote never caught on in circulation.
- Privately minted in the United States.
- Available to collectors and investors in brand-new condition.
- Individual rounds ship in plastic flips, multiples of 10 – 20 ship in tubes, and multiples of 500 ship in boxes.
Most people do not realize that the $2 bill is still being printed and circulated today, even though it is a fairly rare find in the marketplace. In fact, the Jefferson $2 bill has been in circulation since the bicentennial in 1976 and has never gone out of circulation. The purpose of the $2 bill was to reduce the public’s reliance on the $1 and $5 bills, but the public did not embrace it. Today, when looking at all of the money printed today, fewer than 1% are $2 bills.
Collectors who wish to pay homage to the $2 bill can do so with the 1 oz $2 Banknote Copper Round. Though this copper round is not legal currency, it does have value thanks to the 99.9% pure copper it is made of. This value is based on the market price of pure copper.
The front of the 1 oz $2 Banknote Copper Round features the bust of Thomas Jefferson on a silver certificate $2 banknote. The banknote is surrounded by an intricate design and the phrase “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA” is prominent. Below him, the phrase “SILVER CERTIFICATE” can be seen. On the opposite side, the weight, “1 oz” and the purity, “.999 FINE COPPER” are seen. In the center, the phrase “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA” is included and at the bottom is the phrase “ART BAR MINT.”
If you are ready to buy the $2 Banknote Copper Round or would like to ask any questions before placing your order, please call Silver.com at 1-888-989-7223. You can place orders online 24×7 through our secure and encrypted website or contact us through live chat, email, or by simply filling out the online form found on our contact page.